Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Chester

A DSF meeting. Room full of volunteers. Discussing: How to check learning levels in our govt. schools. Meeting led by Vinay & Megha with Juveena from NEEV as the expert.

Juveena giving fundas.

Catching my attention was this beautifully illustrated book, with a simple story of Chester - a crocodile - trying to gobble various animals.


Meanwhile.....some heavy discussions were happening....and T arrived...the book was on Murtuza's leg....Sunand placed this Tea cup on it & started zooming....Murtuza leg was supported by my leg.....so this was a precarious shot. At the end we burst out laughing not to the amusement of the crowd.

An unlucky Chester goes back home. Hey this snap reminds me of the croc snap we took in Ranganthittu.

Here it is.....I love crocs.


Bird flu ;-(

Megha started writing a math paper on the board. Note the bright light at the bottom.


When I focused on the bright light, I got this shot....the best shot of the day.


Watching Chester & the fleeing animals, Megha & Vinay, Juveena & My3, & the rest of us was Gandhi-thaatha. Should get a sharper shot next time.


Yes... we are trying to quantify the learning levels of 2nd, 4th & 6th std students in our govt. schools thru simple tests. The exercise happens over the next few saturdays. We need volunteers of all kinds. Kannada, Tamil & English. And, badly needed are Urdu reading/writing chaps. Interested write to Maitreyee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KYAMERA KYA MARA
good one

well actually after seeing this post I went to the center and went through the book again , thats an interesting book indeed and it was eating dust for the past few months,

Even when i shot some of the pics I didnt know the details of this book .


KYAMERA KYA MARA